01 November 2017
« great business trip »
modern, clean, stylish, food is good with a good price
very friendly team and so much helpful
sure if i have a business again over there the hotel would be in my first choices
and it is easy to go around but with car or taxi or uber
17 October 2017
« A shame we didn’t use the spa! »
My husband and I stayed at the Golden Tulip in September as we were attending a friends wedding nearby.
The hotel was lovely, modern and clean. The room that we had was spacious and comfortable as were the beds.
We went to use the spa as but didn’t realise we had to pay extra. Every spa hotel I’ve ever stayed at give you complimentary spa access with treatments being an extra cost. This was very disappointing and as we could only use it for a short while we were not willing to pay the extra €20 each.
Staff were fantastic and room service was good.
Lovely hotel but doesn’t get a 5 due to the spa being an extra cost. I would however stay here again if in the area.
12 September 2017
« Excellent service by Reception! »
I went for a week mainly for business. My stay was pleasant and comfortable. Your reception team is doing an amazing job, especially Ariana, who showed full attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
I was glad that the hotel had a pool and a gym to do some exercise. However, the only down was the restaurant. There were few things that were not great, for example:
- The brunch did not include drinks apart from the "one" glass of sparkling wine.
- They tried to charge us a full menu for a 1yr old baby, because I was sharing with her a few bites! (that I thought ridiculous) OK, in the end, was taken out of the bill but it didn't stop the bad after taste :(
- The buffet was the same all week! it never changed so, by the third day I couldn't bear to eat there anymore. I advise talking to the Chef to come up with a rotation menu. Can't be that hard?
- Some of the fruit was stale by mid-week (watermelon) and despite I told the waiter, he tried to justify with "it is usually fine" ???
- Most of the food had the same flavor as it seems to have the same garlic sauce/seasoning.
- The rooms were cleaned with high standards. However, the coffee and water in mini fridge were never refilled :(
Hopefully, the restaurant will improve as I think the hotel is nice, clean and comfortable.
17 August 2017
« Nice pleasant stay »
Situated about 25 min drive from Nice airport, the hotel is away from the hussle of the main city. The hotel is modern, clean and inviting. Check in process was easy and getting around the hotel is simple.
It's best to have a car if you're staying at this hotel as most locations (Valbonne, Mougins, Cannes, Grasse) are about a 10-20 mins drive away.
The rooms are nice and clean. Bathroom was large with rainfall shower and toilet was separated in its own cubicle. They provided a cot bed for our 2 year old which she seemed to enjoy.
Pool is nice, little chilly once the sun goes down and not a huge amount of sunbeds available.
We didn't eat at the restaurant, only ordered drinks and fries which were decent but a little pricier given it's a hotel.
Other thing to be aware of is booking a taxi. We decided to leave the car back one night so we could all drink in Valbonne. They ordered a taxi for us which ended up being a chauffeured vehicle who charged us €35 for the 10 minute journey. We had to wait 20 mins for it too. Best to avoid and try to Uber it instead or use a metered taxi instead.
Also, we had asked about a late check out prior to booking and was assured it was 2pm. However, on the final day we double checked only to be informed that it would cost an extra €20 per room, which was not disclosed to us at the time of enquiry.
Overall, good for a short break.